A Secret Garden in Seoul: Where a King’s Father Found Peace



Hi there! I’m Buddy, your Seoul Local Friend. 🌿

Everyone visits Gyeongbokgung Palace, but do you know where the royals actually went to escape the crowds and find true peace? Today, I want to share one of my absolute favorite hidden gems in Seoul: Seokpajung (μ„νŒŒμ •) and the Seoul Museum.

✨ Why you should visit Seokpajung Located in the charming neighborhood of Buam-dong, Seokpajung was once the private summer villa of Heungseon Daewongun, the father of King Gojong in the 19th century.

It is a place where architecture and nature dance together. When you walk through this garden, you aren’t just looking at history—you are stepping into a traditional Korean landscape painting.

πŸ–Ό️ Modern Art Meets Royal History The coolest part? You enter this 19th-century secret garden through a very 21st-century building: the Seoul Museum.





  1. First, enjoy the contemporary art exhibitions at the museum.

  2. Then, take the elevator to the 3rd floor.

  3. Suddenly, the doors open, and you’re transported back 150 years into a royal forest.

πŸ“Έ My "Buddy" Tips for You:

  • The Giant Rock: Don't miss the massive "Elephant Rock." It’s said that if you make a wish here, it might just come true!




  • The 600-Year-Old Tree: Look for the majestic pine tree (Chun-se-song). It has been guarding this villa for over 600 years. (The photo at the top of this post is the view I captured right there!)







πŸ“ Need Help Visiting Seokpajung? Does this place look amazing but a bit complicated to get to? Don't worry! If you're feeling a bit lost about the bus routes, ticketing, or even where to find the best photo spots, just let me know.

As your Seoul Local Buddy, I'm here to help you.

  • Leave a comment below if you have any questions.

  • Need a personalized itinerary? I can help you plan your perfect day in Buam-dong.

Don't hesitate to reach out. I want to make sure your trip to Seoul is unforgettable!dj

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

πŸš„ Seoul Unlimited Transit Pass: How to Get the Tourist Climate Card for $4

Eunpyeong Hanok Village: The Most Peaceful Hanok Village in Seoul (2026 Guide)

[2026] No More Cash! The Ultimate Guide to Seoul’s Climate Card (iPhone & Android Updates)